Naasya's Oven... for all your birthday, hen's night, baby showers, wedding and anniversary cakes. 08058845454

Monday, December 20, 2010

This whole blogging thing sef*

So, once upon a time I heard that there were writers, there were singers, there were columnists… and then there were bloggers*
Ok, here’s the deal; I no too sabi speak heavy grammar… but the small English wen I know, I dey use am well; plus I dey construct ma sentences well to the best of my ability. I couldn’t place my hand on what a blog was though, even though I knew a blogger was one who blogged, pardon my tautology. My search for the meaning of blog started, and all the English-Oxford-Yale-King’s dictionaries didn’t exactly work. Don’t get me wrong yeah, they defined the word, but I didn’t quite follow after all; In the meantime however, I had started writing as a columnist in a weekly publication called HORIZON EXPRESS
My column started without definition, and somehow continued so. I wasn’t quite sure I wanted to be narrowed to one subject matter so I let my fingers roll on the keypads of my laptop, and wrote as freely as I wanted to. In the beginning, I talked about life… then love, then fashion, and then again music. I spoke about events, politics, culture, arts and crafts and when I got bored I wrote a short story. I even went as far as borrowing from an already published story of mine, written sometime in 2007 when I was lending my voice to making bored people happy with music and noise; easily identified as radio. A colleague of mine challenged me to it… I didn’t write again after that until 2009.
In addition to writing, I started to read more from the internet with a conscious note for blogs. Then I came across interesting write-ups, different bloggers dem… and Nkiru caught my attention, thanks to Lanre Lawal of blarquebrothablogspot.com; like him, she was a fresh read. Another interesting one was Linda’s…she probably needs little or no introduction ay? Then it hit me… “I had been blogging the whole time, this whole time oo”. The whole blog idea was off random news and stories right? That is exactly what I had been spending all my time doing. I recognized the difference however, as simple as I may be painting the blog idea, is embedded in the craft and delivery of the one who is dishing it out.
I am kind of bored at the moment, even though I have my hands full in the interim. I am currently working with a couple of entertainers and doing what I have dreamed of hitting and surpassing Jay Z, Beyonce and Oprah point with – Publicity; going in and out of the studio to record and talk music, visiting corporate offices for support and still maintaining position and holding forth at work with my day job, I have joined the “blog community” with all pleasure thank you very much.
I am an easy writer, a chit chat with a moderate pace of wit, and a young lady full of life and love. I make a living engaging people on other people’s behalves; and this I must add, is on every level. I get opinionated about the slightest of issues and love to ask questions and most importantly find the answers and share them. There’s going to be plenty of sharing here so brace yourselves; and open the doors to your hearts make I enter (kpo kpo kpo kpo)
Once upon this time; here am I a writer, a singer, a columnist… and from today, a blogger*
Miss; Hemba!!!

1 comment: