Naasya's Oven... for all your birthday, hen's night, baby showers, wedding and anniversary cakes. 08058845454

Saturday, June 25, 2011

PURPLE: Diary Sessions and Grey songs

The gang is chatting about Bubbles' friend in the next set of the series... issues that bother on domestic violence into marriage into parental honour and consent; SuperLady and Messus B share very touching stories about their lives with the gang; this one should get you gripped... enjoy!!!

Friday…
Mz Robyn: Pls kindly answer this question and pass it around, between naija police and naija girls who like money pass

Oba K: Naija

Messus B:Police
        No the girls
        No police, the girls, police, girls.
        O I dunno! Tooo many choices to make!

Lady Alba: I feel you Messus B, that’s why I didnt bother
 
Mz Robyn: D hardest question ever

Messus B: ha ha ha
 
Bubbles: Dis na Post-Jamb na (confused look on face)

Oba K: Na him make I just talk the answer Naija; ha ha ha

Bubbles: Ha ha ha; Nice wan

BlaqueStone: Gyels jor; he he he
Saturday…
Bubbles: Hey people... A friend of mine got beat by her dad recently; she's turning 30 ds year... As in he beat her because she and he got talking about stuff and they weren't in agreement - her own position was that she isn't a child and he should let her decide for herself; I think they were talking about marriage. She's been dating someone from another tribe who is also of a different "sort" of religion - Jehovah witness actually and they are Catholics. Well, she wants to go report to the police... I and some people have been arguing about how extreme the police will be... What d'u guys think? Cos you know this is another form of domestic violence oo; it’s not only when a girl is raped or incensed by a relative – that’s someone's position...

SuperLady: Naija police or another country?

Bubbles : And to be frank with you, some of us are still facing tribal marriage challenges... Lol @ Superlady..

SuperLady: Cos if it's Naija police, money would settle the matta depending on who swings first and how high the amount.

Bubbles: I for one; I don dey drag back and forth with ma folks - lol
 
SuperLady: My thots...keep on dragging, they'll agree soon enough
 
Lady Alba: But dis one d thing don enter beating, water don nearly pass garri
 
Oba K: Hmn, inter tribal marriage?
 
Lady Alba: I believe if this chic is convinced he is the one, she shld try and make her parents see it, Cos as much as we hate to admit this inter-tribal marriage thing is still here
 
Bubbles: Lol @ S’lady... Yes Ma; na to dey drag dey go oo...
 
Oba K: Seriously, not to say, look at it, parents still want to impose spouse on us like say them do am for head?
 
SuperLady: I'm with you on dat L.Alba, but how far wit daddy beating her???? That’s sooo wrong...if no b Education, she for don born teenager..Haba!
 
Bubbles: Hmmmm... Ds intertribal thing is funny, I used to be all about marry my tribe but as time come pass... Tins come change and now na wahala espesially because I am d 1st; but this my friend ehn, na she be last born and you know what that means; all 3 of her older siblings are married, The chics are married to same tribe as they; but her brother was "allowed" to marry a chic from another tribe; Cos they are 3 gals... And I don’t know why it’s ok for the guy to marry who he wants but the girls have to be spoken for… Lol @ teenager Super L... Am still in shock
 
SuperLady: Thing is, these days hardly do you ever see same tribe marriages...our parents should wake up and smell the coffee joor, NYSC has really worked on our generation, d country is fused...apart from Messus B in this group, don't think anybody married their tribe and even those dating are hardly dating their tribe.

Lady Alba: Wow, that’s a diff level, that one is just ridiculous, double standards Bubbles if you ask me...
 
Messus B: My husband is from Okene (Kogi), I am from Lagos

Bubbles: People are doing it... My people are especially drawn to that... they'd tell you the girl can marry away but the boys should stay; as opposed to this chic's parents

SuperLady: Oh ohhhh, you see, I was even wrong about madam B...her children are half caste too!

Bubbles: When I think of the challenges, I imagine if my parents had Kevon like dis wey go mari East African... Dem fit faint… (Bless U Kevon*); yes ooo No b small half caste

Messus B: Inter tribal marriage has never been an issue in my family o. My grandpas' were way before their times & allowed their daughters marry from any part of d world

Bubbles: But it’s funny, I always wanted to marry same tribe as me oo... But after time went I come dey wonder "e b like say I go decide manage less because I want to marry ma tribe by force" - am sure there are good men but as I no see dem, I stretch ma neck go

SuperLady: are the chic’s paternal Grandparents alive? Reason I ask is I know someone who had d same problem, after 3yrs n her dad still refused, her grandfather (father's father) gave her the go-ahead and the church accepted his consent… years down d line, her father is now happy. So if her grandad wasn’t alive, I wonder wetin she for do? There are only 2 tribes in d world " Good pple n Bad pple"

Messus B: I am Lagosian by birth pple. My maternal grandpa is Togolese while my Paternal grandpa was from Sierra Leone... My paternal grandma was from Benue while my maternal grandma was from Cross River. My mother-in-law is from Benin Republic while my maternal grandpa's mother was from Ghana… So let's just call my kids cocktails

Allie: Bubbles I feel you...very well sef. Me too been wan marry from our side oh. Always wanted to anyway… God answer my prayer join.

SuperLady: Loooool @Messus B....Lurv dat ..Cocktails
 
Bubbles: Jisox Mrs B...

Messus B: I agree. Good & bad is what the issue should be. I even have a direct aunt who married a hausa man. A Muslim @ dat & though I keep praying he knows Christ which is the faith I grew up with, I must admit that he could teach some Christian bruvs about kindness & love.

Bubbles: What are you? (shock) ... Maan, I should tell my parents this story; they'd flip
 
Lady Alba: O Ms B, na wa for dis combo!
 
Bubbles: Yea Al... I know you go feel me; especially cos you are from my side na and you know what this tribal thing is like ba? Dayuuum Mrs B... Means technically, you aren’t Nigerian; that’s so coooooooool



TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment